SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tnhousewife05

updated pics of build

tnhousewife05
16 years ago

framing is going up, so excited about seeing progress!

Comments (86)

• john_wc
    15 years ago

Looks great! Love the brick and the roof shingles.

• kelntx
    15 years ago

WOW! It is really coming along! It looks great!!! Keep the pictures coming!

• Related Discussions

Some update pics of my succulent plantings (5 pics)

Q

Comments (7)
    Thank you very much, everyone, for your nice comments. Rosemarie: those are fake mushrooms you see in that photo. They look real, don't they? Xuan
    ...See More

Updated Pics of New Build...Just Starting

Q

Comments (7)
    worthy, On our paperwork, it does not say anything about a FHA 203K loan! It is a TRUE FHA Construction Loan that turns into a FHA Loan once the house is built. We only had to finance for 29.75 years instead of 30 years since we have 9 months to build the house (which bank gave us that extra time cushion). Hope this answers your question. Again, it's not rehab or renovation. It is strictly NEW BUILD! Also, we called and spoke with Wells Fargo and they were they ones that tol us about the loan! Then we went to our loan officer that got us the loan for the land. Also, I searched the internet over and over trying to look for that loan as well when they told us about it, couldn't find it! Sometimes you just have to call and talk to the Loan Officers!
    ...See More

Updated pics of our build

Q

Comments (6)
    It's nice to hear about a nice-guy builder. I think we all get a distorted view here because we mostly hear about the bad ones. Loved the photos. Beautiful, beautiful kit. cabinets. Very practical peninsula--good addition. Love the cheerful yellow walls, the PORCH!! All the fitted closets. I have a serious case of land and view envy so it's no good for me to see vistas like that. Your layout is one that has been around, with many different facades, and in many different variations for literally decades. I believe because it is so very liveable and wastes very little unnecessary space in circulation routes. Just a classic, convenient home. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    ...See More

New Pics -- rock work, tile and stacked stone are done

Q

Comments (9)
    Houseful, Here are some close-ups of the bar. This is before our pergola was put up. You can see there's still some work to be done on it: Here's a shot from above from the day they put up the pergola: And here are some from this morning: We love it. My youngest was out there eating breakfast this morning and was so proud of himself.
    ...See More
  • persnicketydesign
    15 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! They are really scootin' along, aren't they? The roof looks fantastic and it compliments the brick beautifully. I'm so excited for you!

• marthaelena
    15 years ago

Love how your house is coming along!
    What kind of brick are you using?
    Are the shingles weatheredwood?
    Very pretty house.

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

shamrock 71- thank you so much it is really coming along really fast. I couldn't believe they were ready to start bricking so soon. Fine by me! We are located in henderson county, we are basically halfway between memphis and nashville. I grew up in rutherford county, i loved it there and if it wasn't for meeting my husband here i probably would have moved back there.

marthaelena- thank you. We went with general shale brick color millstone. We are also going to have some stone on the front of the house we went with golden sand i think the company of that is arriscraft citadel. The shingles are barkwood, we debated between the weathered wood and decided we wanted a little bit darker and a little more brown on the roof.

Thank you everyone else for your comments it helps to make you feel good about the house especially with all the money it takes from ya. I will definately keep the pics coming i just hope it all keeps progressing at this same rate it has been nice seeing that someone has done some work to the house everyday.

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

shop is finished!

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

electric is done and passed inspection. Waiting for insulation any day. Brickers are still bricking away, we got a lot of rain last week so it delayed some of the brick action.

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

brick is finally really coming along. The stone arrived today finally. Can't wait to see it up. Insulation was installed today inside. Suppose to have the drywall man out there tomorrow to start that! We had to change two things on the windows of our house that is why the brick guys left that area not bricked on the back of the house. That window is above my master tub, and was supposed to be tempered glass and is not and inspector is making us change that. The other is on the front dining room window, it had to be raised 8 more inches higher from the floor. He said it is because it is not tempered and if someone ran into it it would shatter the glass on them.

• neff2k
    15 years ago

Wow that is goregous. I am thinking your masonry budget was equal to what it cost us to build our house lol. That is a lot of brick.

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

well they started finally hanging the drywall yesterday. The brick is still SLOWLY coming along. They are not getting in a hurry that is for sure. They will work a few days then leave a few days, and we have had gorgeous weather! It stinks when that happens. The electrician came back and put in the service on the side of the house. Now we are having to start looking and deciding on the paint colors. THat is so overwhelming. Why can't there be just a plain red or plain blue why so many to choose from! AHHHH! I have a couple of picks to share of the progress.
    Drywall is done in the media room

left side of house

front view

my hubby showing an up close on the stone we decided to go with

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

i have several sheetrock pic's. 1 more day to go on finishing hanging it. Brick should be done by next week! I will have updated pics of the finishing of the brick/stone once all the scaffolding is out of the way.

kitchen

looking from kitchen into breakfast area

view of living room

master bath

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the stone is almost done. Brick is layed except for the front and back steps. Drywall is finished, starting paint next week, a/c unit in next week, vinyl siding will be going up next week too. Everything is finally starting to come together.

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lots of new pics, the vinyl will be done tomorrow and the copper that will be going above the left front window. We have a question on the color of garage doors we should go with, we will be putting the dark brown gutters on our house, and don't know what would look better, doing the garage doors the dark brown to match the gutters or should we do the garage doors the same color as our vinyl, here is a pic of the vinyl that is up on the shop

House has been primed inside and they did 1 coat on our trayed ceilings today. here are some pics of the colors in the rooms with the trays

here is the back with the raised porch we decided to do.

and an upclose view of the front door area

• robyn393
    15 years ago

I LOVE your entrance! WOW! It is lovely!!! Did you have a general contractor or did you build it yourself (sub it out)?

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

we hired a general contractor. We figured it would get done a lot faster that way therefore paying less interest if it took longer. Plus a lot less of a headache!

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

we need opinions on what color of garage doors we should go with, the dark brown to match the dark brown gutters we are wanting or should the garage doors be the same color as the vinyl?

• teddas
    15 years ago

I would make them the color of the stone, I see enough dark colors and think they would pop if lighter. Your hourse is gorgeous and I have always followed your posts!

• marthaelena
    15 years ago

If it were my house I'd match the windows and entry door.

The house is gorgeous!

• whidbey
    15 years ago

GORGEOUS! And I'd definitely go LIGHTER on the doors. It will help bring the house all together. :)

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank You sooo much! For the comments and your opinions. It helps getting other opinions than our own sometimes. We both agree that the doors should be that color too. Thanks again!

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the trimwork is just about complete. Next week painter will be back to do another coat on trayed ceilings, then painting all the other walls. Sorry i am not the best picture taker and my camera had something on it. But here our a few pics i took tonight.

outside of house

inside garage

• jnjmom
    15 years ago

Oooohhh!! I've been waiting for updated pics!! Coming along very nicely!!

• lclevel
    15 years ago

THANKS for posting so many pic's!! The house is beautiful!

• teddas
    15 years ago

I too have enjoyed seeing it go up, makes me dream about the status of my neverending project.

• mdc08
    15 years ago

lovely!!! post more soon! Love seeing a home go from start to finish... you can see mine too... search mdc08 and it is under candler park. :)

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We are having our driveway layed out and the guys are doing the dirt work that is left to do, they buried our gutter downspouts today and we should have a concrete driveway sometime next week. We should have the garage doors in this week. The painters are on the 4th week of being there and we finally are seeing a lot of paint! We went and checked on the cabinets tonight, they should be done in a few more weeks, all the flooring is sitting in the house and it will be started as soon as the painting is finished. The electrician started hanging a few of our fans today too. Alot's going on now! We are hoping to be moving in by the end of the month! Crossing fingers!
    the vanity cabinet for 1/2 bath

the cabinet that will go above our stove

the office

master bath

bedroom

another bedroom

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am a picture-holic! Here is some more pics of some more of our lighting we got up.

• pioneergal
    15 years ago

Tnhousewife,

I LOVE your beautiful home....your paint choices and trim work is beautiful!

Would you please share the color of blue that you used in your office area and where was the paint purchased?

We are about to begin painting on our new home and DH is wanting blue in our bedroom/office area. Thus far we have not found a "hue" of blue that we could agree on for this area. That is until we saw your office.

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you! We had 11 paint colors, my husband was scared it was gonna look like a rainbow house, but he loves it now. Yeah the blue is our favorite room of the house. It is called Sheffield Grey by Porter Paint.

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

well so much for moving in by my birthday. Oh well now we are shooting for the end of the month. Alot has been happening now. Painting is finished, Tile has been layed in the kitchen, hall, 1/2 bath, and laundry room. We got garage doors today finally, we have a driveway, brickers are coming back tomorrow to finish 2 steps and brick our mailbox up and brick around the bottom of our pergualar we had built. Cabinet man is supposed to be coming thursday to bring our kitchen cabinets in! I am sure i will be busy posting new pics up. FOr the moment here is what we have.

bonus bath

looking from bonus room into bathroom, brown and blue

tile in the kitchen, breakfast room

garage doors

pergular

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

here is more updated pics!!!

master bath being tiled

other side of master bath

the jack and jill bath tiled

• mdc08
    15 years ago

What are your colors! LOVE THEM !

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are the colors

bonus bath -cathedral glass Porter paint
    bonus room -caravel brown Porter paint

Master Bedroom and Living room ceiling- Cockatoo Gold Farrel Calhoun paint converted to porter paint

Master Bath- Roaring Hearth Porter paint i believe if not it was a farrel calhoun color

Living room, hallways, and master bedroom ceiling-Tannery Farrel Calhoun paint converted to porter paint

Dining Room- La Fonda Antique Red True Value paint converted to porter paint

Office- Sheffield Gray Porter paint

Kitchen breakfast nook- Gold Buff Porter paint

Two spare bedrooms- Copper Springs (It was either farrel calhoun color or porter color but we had it coverted to porter paint)

Jack and Jilll bath- Ochre rust Porter paint if not it was a farrel calhoun color

Media Room- molassas Porter Paint

• insijs
    15 years ago

Beautiful house!

What brand and model are the windows? Thanks!

• alto
    15 years ago

what is the wall surface in the garage? Is it textured or something? Or does it just appear with lines from the pictures?

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's cabinet time!!! All the cabinets were installed yesterday, he still lack the raised bar on the kitchen bar area, and the back of it being put on and a few other small things but it is so excited now seeing it in there. They started laying the hardwood just enough to tease me friday also. Tile man is working on getting our tile shower going and he lacks tiling around the tub, then he will have to tile around the fireplace, and on the top of our wet bar, and the backsplash in the kitchen.

Insijs- Thank you! i will look at the windows when i go over there this evening, i know we purchased them at a local place here in town called pro-fit building supplies. I will get back to you on what i find out.

Alto- the garage has masonite on it. It has it's own kinda texture to it, and yes it does have the lines in it also, we had the painter paint it too just to make it look a little bit better. We decided to go with that rather than just sheetrock because usually in garages things get bumped and scraped and knicked around on the walls in there and this way it will hold up alot better to destruction.

Here are some pics i took last night.

jack and jill bath

kitchen

his cabinet in master bath

her cabinet

the hardwood getting started quit dusty i must say!

mailbox

other side of driveway

• teddas
    15 years ago

I am amazed at how quickly your home went up. I have been watching for your posts and it is just gorgeous!! Very nice.. you must be so excited.
    Happy birthday!

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Things are finally reaching a end. Tile is almost done just lack grouting the shower and tub area and putting the columns up on the bathtub, then laying tile for the countertop in the wet bar, and tiling a backsplash in the kitchen once we get the countertops. We got all the other countertops on. Hardwood is almost done just lack 1/2 of the office and it will be done. Electrician/plumber is coming monday to install toilets and we will be getting the appliances monday and he is going to go ahead and install them and hopefully put some of our faucets on in the bathrooms. Getting excited!

hardwood and tile around fireplace area

raised bar

jack and jill

her side master bath

tub

shower

• angnrog
    15 years ago

Wow! Your home is gorgeous! I too have been enjoying your photos! Would you mind to share your floorplan? We are in Ohio and are looking for a similar home like this! Thanks so much in advance!

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

insijs-the windows are MGM Series 5010, Southern Rose. From Pro-fit. Sorry it took me so long to find the info. on it.

Angnrog- Thank you. Here is our floor plan. Hope you can make it out for the most part. We did do some minor changes to some of it.

• Christine Decker
    15 years ago

Just fabulous! All of it! So excited for you! May you be Blessed with many wonderful years here!

• trilby23
    15 years ago

Hi tnhousewife05,

Just beautiful!! Your lot is wonderful, and I think the entryway is fabulous!! Thanks so much for posting the great pictures. We'll be building across the state from you next year (crossing fingers) in East TN. There are several Tennesseans on the GardenWeb forums!!

-------- Trilby

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well we finally have a move in date October 16th.

master tub

shower

countertop for wet bar

office

jack and jill

bath light and faucet

• johnaydan
    15 years ago

Hi,

You have done awesome work.... the interiors are great... i am completely in love with your home...

Here is a link that might be useful: Log Home Designs

• housepoorinoh
    15 years ago

I love your home! It is really beautiful. I especially love the pergola. What a special detail. I also really like the way the crown molding was done. How wide is the crown molding detail? It looks fantastic. Congratulations on being so close to the finish line!

• tnhousewife05
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A week away from moving in!

master bedroom

wet bar

• mdc08
    15 years ago

Wonderful! I am so glad for you that your move in date is up and coming!!! Lovely home. :)

• jnjmom
    15 years ago

I'm so excited for you!! The rest of us live vicariously until it's our turn :o)

• crescent50
    15 years ago

I have been following your progress and am very excited for you. Your home is beautiful and I love your color and material choices. We are just getting started so I'm saving your pictures for inspiration.
    Do you mind sharing details about the kitchen? Wall color, cabinet finish and faucet info please.
    TIA and good luck as you near the finish line!