SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

finally! some *new* decor

luckygal
13 years ago

Well, not really new, but newly arranged. Believe it or not I still had my post-Easter decor on my mantel (since April!!!). It's been a very busy spring and summer with gardening, traveling, guests, and other things that have kept me occupied outside of my house. Still doing gardening but the rain has given me a temporary respite from outdoor work.

I'm not decorating yet for Thanksgiving (in 2 weeks here in Canada) or Halloween but wanted to do something different on my breakfast room sideboard and the mantel shelf.

Breakfast room sideboard has a few yard sale finds - wall grill, other wall decor, books, candleholder & candle - $1, lamps $5 for both and never used, urn.

{{gwi:1436549}}

Closer... Love these old books and I bot them strictly for the color of their covers, which I'd never done before!

{{gwi:1436550}}

This is my mantel shelf which is a 10' long shelf on the wall above/behind our wood stove. It's not easy to decorate as it's so long but this time I used 5 original oil paintings that have fall-ish scenes.

{{gwi:1436551}}

This summer I bought 3 of these plates with fall scenes of Paris altho not sure I like them here. The oil painting at the far left is just peeking.

{{gwi:1436552}}

Far right end of shelf...

{{gwi:1436553}}

This is all stuff that was very accessible. I will be changing/tweaking these arrangements when I dive into my fall totes. Hope to contribute more to the forum than I have recently but haven't figured out how to clone myself and can only do so much. ;-D

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions