Recommendation for paper for Candy Wrappers??

hailie419

OK I did it finally, made the wrappers I wanted too, now can anyone suggest the kind of paper they used?? I went looking around last month & I recall they were expensive. Any ideas?? TIA Wendy

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marciakm

I use regular inkjet printing paper and have found it to be all that is necessary....I do many weddings and other functions and the wrappers are lovely. I recently added a laser printer to my work and that is even better, but the inkjet printer and paper works great.

Save    
lindasc

I agree regular paper is just fine.

Save    
stevec50

I use Kodac's 'Bright White' inkjet paper. It makes the colors come out nice and bright.
Take care, Steve C.

Save    
rose1_ma

I've made candy wrappers several times and the ones I likes the best were printed on the cheapest photo paper I could find.

Save    
roanimare

Hi Wendy - If you want it to look like the shiny wrapper paper like real candy wrappers - you might try HP's brochure and flyer paper. It's 50 sheets for $12.99 (C6817A). It's shiny on both sides. They may make it shiney on one side as well and it might be cheaper still. You can make alot of candy wrapper from 50 sheets so the cost isn't really too bad. HTH -- Michele

Save    
patches_02

for the wedding ones i use Iridescent paper.
Makes it look a little fancier.
Staples has it on sale all the time.
Patches

Save    
Summer_NH

I use regular paper too, but I laminate them. They look much more professional.

Save    
meggiecat

Patches,

Iridescent paper? What brand? Please tell where to get it. I used to use Gartner paper but have been unable to find any at all.

Thanks,
Kathy

Save    
drsbey_yahoo_com

how do you work with the paper once you have laminated it? I thought it wouldn't be pliable!Is there some special type of laminate you're using?

Save    
grandma_bonnie

Check out the Hammermill's Soft gloss laser paper - I used it all the time when I did candy wrappers. Using laminate is OK, but it is hard to get tape to stick to it to hold it together...

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Art Wall Candy: Dish Up Colorful Glass Art Plates
These gorgeous handblown plates may look good enough to eat, but they're better off admired on the walls
Full Story
Lofts My Houzz: A Modern Industrial Loft in Toronto
Before and After: DIY homeowners take on a labor of love to overhaul their loft, turning it into a stunning light-filled home
Full Story
Great Home Projects How to Add Toe Kick Drawers for More Storage
Great project: Install low-lying drawers in your kitchen or bath to hold step stools, pet bowls, linens and more
Full Story
High quality workmanship combined with affordable prices is our motto. Our Company has been serving the greater... Read More
oe Morgado has over 30 years of well-rounded construction and masonry experience. He brings authentic artisan... Read More