SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parrym

Good report on BlueStar service...

parrym
14 years ago

Subtitle: Why I can now fully love my Bluestar....

I got my RNB30SS installed in Dec of 08 and from day one, the oven was running noticeably cool. My wife routinely complained about having to cook meals an extra 20-30min. My weekly pizzas went from slightly charred perfection in my cheap Maytag electric, to pale, flaccid disappointments in the Bluestar. After the while glove service (by Service Company A) came and proclaimed everything was fine, I chalked it up to my old stove running hot and having to get used to a new oven. We tried bumping up the temp by 50deg and adding an extra 20 min to everything we cooked. Sometimes that worked for a hotdish, but nothing could be done to save my pizzas.

In March, I called Bluestar and explained the situation, along with the fact the burners were not re-arranged as I had ordered. [Side note, rep from company A didn't think the burners could be moved on this stove, should've been a clue...] Within a day, I got a call from Trevor at Eurostoves, where I had purchased the stove who set up a return visit to re-calibrate the oven and move the burners. Same guy from company A came out and calibrated it right on for 500 deg.... problem was, the thermostat was so non-linear, that at 250deg it was way too high and in fact, the oven would come on even in the off position. He came back and tweaked it down so it would at least turn off, but I was in the same boat of disappointment.

Another month went by and after making a fantastic pizza in my sisters cheap electric oven (6 minutes to crispy vs 20 min and still pale), I could take it no more. I called Bluestar again and they arranged for a different service company (Company B) to come out and take a look. 3 hours and a new thermostat later and I am finally able to char pizza in record time.

So am I happy about having to deal with such a basic QC issue on a $4k stove, of course not. But I am happy that the response from Bluestar and Eurostoves has been great and that the stove is now performing as well as I had dreamed.

Comments (6)