SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Flea Market Dish Bargains!

plainjane425
14 years ago

Went the the Annual Labor Day Flea Market in Upstate NY.

It was hot/humid and Wonderful!! Got some great 'Dish Bargains'. A dealer was selling 8 Friendly Village - Square Salad Plates for $5.00 ea. - which was already a bagain compared to Ebay prices. He said I'll let you have them for less... I said well, how about $20 for all...and he agreed.... woooo hooo

Another dealer was selling 6 J&G Meaken Stadforshire cake plates (Welcome Home) for $40 w/cups and saucers. She said I'll let you have them for $30... I told her I was only interested in the cake plates and that I just bought 8 Friendly Village plates for $20..She then said I'll let you have the 6 plates for $15...I didn't say anything...then she said how about $10..my DH called out to me - 'You're not buying more dishes'??? then she said how about $8... 'I said sold' !! Then I purchased 4 pink transferware, luncheon plates with pretty embossed edges for $1 each..she had six, but these were in the best condition. It was the end of the day, and they seemed to want to just unload what they were selling.. I went home a 'Happy (Dish) Camper' !!

In two weeks, at the same location, they will be having

'The Largest Yard Sale'. 250 Families participate in bringing their 'stuff' to sell. I've been there before, and that's were you really do well, with so many great things for sale...

jane

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions
More Discussions