SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ltgf

flea market finds and a surprise

cait1
15 years ago

About 40 minutes away is a little town called Millgrove. They have a flea market on the 5th Sunday of the month so they don't happen too often. But today was one of those days.

And here's the stuff I found there. In the first pic you an see DH's gift to me... molds to make GNOMES!!! YAHOOOO!! He haggled down the price to $15 for the 5 molds - is that a good price? And does anyone know how to use them? How easy is it to pull the molds off the cement once it cures? I guess I'll start experimental next week.

The second pic is a close-up of the cow pot I got. I was going to cut it up (using a tile saw so as not to destroy it) to use in mosaicing somehow, but DH said that it was kind of a shame to break up something so different. Wow. But then he said that he didn't know what else I could do with it and we can't have all this stuff around. hahaha So now I'm thinking I may just drill a couple of holes in the bottom and put a plant in it. It really is an unusual piece.

{{gwi:132811}}

{{gwi:132813}}

And here's my 'surprise'. I've started working on my mosaic bench again!!! Yeah! Except this time I don't have a design in mind and I kinda just want to fill up the bench with broken plates. Mosaicing pots is so much easier. Hope you like what I've done so far.

{{gwi:132815}}

I think my problem is that I'm not seeing enough contrast. I think I may have to go to the big store and buy tiles that pop.

(Gosh, I 'tawk' a lot!!!)

Enjoy!!

Cait

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations