SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maylenew

Kitchen appliance questions- Replace or not?

maylenew
12 years ago

Hi all. I�ve been following these blogs for sometime and now we are finally embarking on a home addition, which includes a new kitchen (after 18 years, it�s about time!). Anyway, we do have a limited budget so I�m trying to use it the best I can. I plan on keeping my new Asko dishwasher (love it), my older Dacor double wall ovens (about 8 yrs old and work great), and my newer Dacor 36" drop in gas range�They�re all white. I would love stainless, but I can�t seem to justify spending money just for cosmetics when all these work great. Plus, most of my cabinetry will be white, with some wood feature points. So I�d like to splurge on a good panel-ready fridge and also buy a warming drawer. I�ve also been persuaded to look at refrigerators drawers. So here are my questions:

1. If you get the drawers, do you still need a large fridge? Or do you go smaller? It seems a little overkill to have 2 drawers and a 42" fridge. I�m thinking more like 30". I�m now down to a family of 4 from a family of 6 (except when they�re home from college.)

2. I would love a beefy slide-in range, but my Dacor drop-in is only 6 months old. I got a killer deal on it to take it off of the appliance dealer�s hands. Is it hard to switch out to a slide-in further down the road? Or should I just bite-the-bullet now?

3. Same appliance dealer will give me another killer deal to take a white Dacor warming drawer off his hands, saving me close to $700. Just wondering if I should or just spend the money now and get a panel-ready one?

Thanks so much for your insight!

Comments (2)