SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats_meow

Bath - large shower plan feedback

kats_meow
12 years ago

We are building a house and would like feedback on the master bath. If you want to see the entire plan I have a thread in the Building forum.

I don't love the bathroom plan but am thinking it is probably close to the best I can do without adding a lot more square footage.

(Yes, we know there is no tub in the masterbath. There is another bathroom that has a tub).

My main concern is the shower. We want a shower with no door, barrier free (we plan to live in this house a very long time and want it handicap accessible, just in case). We also want the shower to be comfortable for 2 people although most of the time one person at a time will use it.

I want to make sure that water won't get out of the shower also.

Right now the showerheads are designed on opposite walls. I would rather have the one at the "bottom" on the wall at the left. I thinking that to do that make it comfortable we need to make the shower a little wider (6"? 12"?) and maybe make it a foot deeper (or maybe more?). Also perhaps move the showerhead at the "top" a bit to the right so it isn't centered?

Thoughts? I am amenable to adding some square footage but not don't want to add more than I really need to add.

{{gwi:1439443}}

Comment (1)