SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skyangel23_gw

Would you be happy with this drywall texture?

Skyangel23
10 years ago

Ugh. It's been a bad week already with the builder, and it's only Monday! I know textured walls are not common in some areas, but in Florida as well as several other states, all they do are textured walls. Here it is orange peel.

The texture on our drywall was sprayed today and I am not happy. Our contract only specifies "orange peel", though the builder said it would be light orange peel like what they have in their model home. I was expecting a fine spray, with small bumbs/texture that get smoothed out somewhat with paint, like I've had in my previous Florida homes. This seems much thicker, gloppy, with some large sprays in places and bare wall in other spots, making the texture much more noticable, IMO.

However, I've never seen texture on bare drywall, only finished with paint, and maybe it is supposed to look like this and becomes smoother/less noticeable with paint? Is this a poor texture application because of the wide range of spray versus untouched areas, or is it fine and I'm being too picky?

Comments (21)