SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

My Johnny Appleseed Table (lots of pics!)

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

A while back, OldAlgebra challenged me to do a table celebrating Johnny Appleseed's birthday, which was this past Saturday. I had to put it off a day, as we had a birthday dinner party that night (pics coming for that). But I did do a celebratory dinner for Johnny last night instead. My DH & DD thought I was nuts when they saw the tree and heard what the table was for . . . but they did enjoy our dinner (LOL!).

Please excuse the quick and sometimes blurry pics, as they were hungry and kept hurrying my "photo shoot" along.

I had pretty much everything already, as I didn't want to have to find storage space for new things. The only things I did buy were the miniature apple ornaments, $1.99 @ HL.

Here's the table, before my famished DH & DD sat down. They criticized my tree, as it had no leaves. I was thinking of hot glueing some on, but didn't have time. Copper pot is an old one. Maximillian Sunflowers are from my back garden. I was going to cut more, but it was too dark to de-bug them properly.

{{gwi:1435284}}

My menu was: Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Applesauce, Latkes, Baked Squash with Butter, Brown Sugar & Cumin, and a nice Chardonnay. For dessert, I made Alice Waters' "Apple and Brandied Currant Tart" from her Chez Panisse Cafe cookbook. It was heavenly!

{{gwi:1435286}}

Square plate is from my nextdoor neighbors, who are Hoffman Pottery.

{{gwi:1435288}}

My latkes are on one of my new gold glass sunflower plates. I forgot to put the sour cream bowl in the middle before I took this pic. Plates were $1 each at GW.

{{gwi:1435291}}

I received this apple pitcher 26 years ago at my bridal shower. I love it. Last night it held more ice water.

{{gwi:1435292}}

I found this darling butter dish at an antique shop last summer, for my fruitware collection. It worked perfectly for this apple & Autumn-themed table.

{{gwi:1435294}}

These salt & pepper shakers are part of my Fruitware collection, too. Only the pepper shaker actually has an apple on it, but I thought it would look silly without the salt shaker ;^D

{{gwi:1435296}}

Here's the table set before we sat down. New gold glasses and small footed bowls were a find at GW for $1 each. Franciscan plates from GW @ $6 each. I painted my sunflowers wine glasses a few years ago.:

{{gwi:1435298}}

And with plated food. I need some other flatware for tables like this!

{{gwi:1435300}}

Here's a terrible pic of a slice of the tart on one of my leaf plates (Marshalls, last year, $1.99 each), along with my Franciscan coffee cups. I did a bad of getting it out in one piece, but it tasted heavenly!

{{gwi:1435302}}

And, finally, my buffet with my beautiful Autumny yellow roses:

{{gwi:1435304}}

. . . OK, OldAlgebra, where's your table?????

Lynn ;^P

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions