SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexaqui_gw

Need help! All my appliances are failing...

alexaqui
10 years ago

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, although I have read many reviews. I purchased a house 14 months ago and now everything is failing (appliances, roof, hvac). I have already replaced my dishwasher and cooktop with Miele appliances and have an urgent need to replace my refrigerator. I currently have a big decision to make that impacts my future oven that I would appreciate input on.

Is it better to go with a 27" wall oven and go with a larger refrigerator, or stick to a 36" refrigerator and go with 30" wall ovens? The latter choice would require significant cabinet work to make it happen; the former I can put in a larger refrigerator and 27" wall ovens with minimal effort. I am looking for top cooking/baking performance; the name is irrelevant to me.

While 27" wall ovens are big enough for my needs, the choices from top brands seem to be limited. If I go Miele, I have to buy 2 separate ovens ($$$$). My local dealer recommended Dacor and/or Thermador. I really liked the Dacor and have read many negative reviews from 2008-2010 on this forum about them. Have they improved recently? Thermador also has very mixed reviewed. Wolf/American Range/etc. all do not make 27" ovens. If I go the Miele route, I'd have to get a single oven and possibly a speed/steam oven. That seems prohibitively expensive. Does the infrared broiler work well on steaks?

As for fridges, I'm torn. I can get a Kitchen Aid 48" through a work partnership program at 25-30% off. I really like the 48" Sub Zero, however. As much as I want to buy them, the Miele and Thermador columns are between $2500 and $5000 more than the Subzero. Thoughts?

I'm also in need of a washer. There seem to be so many negative riviews on every washer now except the Miele. Will I regret getting the Miele? I have a small child. Again, I can get a deal on the Whirlpool deut through work; the reviews are abysmal.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!

-AA

Comments (4)