SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seasonaldecorating__

Fun Halloween Decorating Projects

This year I have been working hard to create new ideas for Halloween. I used a lot of effects with black lighting last year, and decided to expand on the idea more this year. Black lighting creates the most unique coloring and you can make almost anything light up without the decoration needing to be plugged in! Here are some of the projects I have come up with this year, Hope you enjoy! (Pictures have text because I use them on my FB page)

Create spooky pumpkins by applying gems or as pictured Gem Stickers.

"Boo" Pumpkins. Easy to make, just apply gem stickers, or apply single gems with glue to make your own spooky saying!

Make your spider webs extra spooky this year. Paint the eyes of plastic spiders with fluorescent orange paint. Add a black light near by and watch them glow!

These roses are a great addition to your Halloween decor! Use them as a spooky centerpiece or accent shelves with them. These eye-catching flowers are made by first spray painting silk roses black, leaving some color showing through. Next paint the edges with fluorescent orange craft paint by lightly dabbing the edges of the petals with a small brush. Finally, make them glow with the help of a black light! Try using other fluorescent paint colors such as eerie green or yellow!

These cute pumpkins look great and are easy to make! Simply apply mustache stickers and glue on eyes!

Create spooky spell books by wrapping books in patterned black and white paper. Add text and other details with fluorescent craft paint. Choose an assortment of patterns and have solid black books to separate the different patterns in your spell book stacks. To create perfect letters purchase letter stickers in the font of your choice, then go over the letters with the fluorescent craft paint. Once dry, apply to your books!

This almost life size witch was drawn across 3 sheets of tag board. After Image is drawn, cut out pieces, then attach pieces together with glue. Finally attach clear window cling film squares to the silhouette with double sided tape and apply silhouette to the window!

Create this spooky tree silhouette for your next Halloween Party! Cut out trunk and branches from black tag board, then apply to wall with painters tape. Add crow or bat silhouettes for an even spookier look.

I had a lot of fun with all of these projects! I can't wait to post pics of the full party space when it gets done! :)

-SD

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions