SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mirelle_gw

Appliance overload - please help!

mirelle
14 years ago

Hi,

I've been trolling the GW site for a week now and everytime i think i've made a decision on appliances, i read something negative on this site. It's extremely helpful but i'm slowing going crazy 123456 switch. Here's the deal: We're gutting our kitchen. I have to pick appliances in about a week. My budget is $15K...i live in Canada. Please critique my choices below, open to other brands - especially if you have them and love them!

GE Cafe all gas range - $2700

Dacor single wall oven - $3300

Dacor m/w, trim kit - $1200 (who thought a trim kit would be as expensive as the m/w!!!)

Bosch d/w - $945

Kobe 30" hood (760CFM)- $900

FRIDGE...which is causing me the most grief. Our local Tasco can give us a deal on the 42" BI Viking fride/freezer for $6K. However, i've heard only complaints on GW about Viking. So...should i still get the Viking for $6K which seems a pretty good price or go with something else? We need something that's 36"-42" wide, counter depth, SS. don't care if it's bottom freezer or side by side, etc. We just want it to work and i hate to say it...look good! Fridge budget is no more than $6K...please help. After reading the GW reviews and speaking to sales people, i just don't know what to think. Thanks so much!

Comments (15)