SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rococogurl

Can You Convince Me to Buy a New Range?

rococogurl
14 years ago

We are doing a facelift of our 23-y.o. apartment kitchen. There will be a new Miele Optima DW and Liebherr 30" fridge.

Cabinets will be refinished with new hardware. There will be a new, more contemporary color scheme, backsplash and marble counters installed.

The only question mark is the range.

We have a black 23 y.o. 30" wide Modern Maid, gas with self-cleaning oven. There is no vent hood and none can be installed. This range has better output than our DD's Viking, no issues and a large oven. The performance is excellent and since I use French copper cookware the performance of any range is improved. From a use standpoint there is no reason to get rid of this stove.

My query is totally based on aesthetics, which are wanting but not impossible. It's black glass, vintage looking and not an updated style though not hideous either. The main drawback is flanges on each side that will create notches on edges of the new marble counters on each side of the range. It would be nicer to have something without the flanges.

A pro-range is not viable or necessary. I prefer the European styling and a more modern look. This is an apartment not a home. It must be an all-gas range. I do not want any range with controls on a back panel.

I have seen the Fisher & Paykel, which has great style but does not come in 30".

It appears my options would be Bertazzoni and Electrolux.

What sayest you pros who hang out here? Can anyone makes an argument for a replacing what I have with either of those? Any other similar I haven't considered but should?

Comments (20)