SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oakrunfarm

Least expensive gunite pool? (Help me convince DH :)

oakrunfarm
16 years ago

Hello all,

We are in the middle of a new build, and I am trying to convince my husband to let me add a pool.

I LOVE the water. We had an above-ground pool when I was a child, and I was always in it. We've vacationed at a Caribbean villa with a pool, and it was all he could do to get me out of it long enough to go sightseeing. I spend so many hours in the ocean on vacation, that I am "pruney" for days after we return.

My DH, otoh, cared for a pool one summer back in the early 70's and hated it. I have tried to explain that care technology has changed a lot since then, but he is not buying it.

The two major uses would be 1. exercise and 2. general ambience - sunning, floating, swimming, dinner and/or drinks by, etc.

What I am wanting is very simple... Just a basic small to medium rectangle with lights, and walk in steps to the side. No water effects, no diving board or slide or waterfalls, etc. MAYBE some kind of integrated bench seating along the side. Not too deep. (Not sure what depth is best for swimming.)

I was thinking I might be able to get it smaller by using a swim tether as opposed to trying to make something long enough to swim laps in. I tried swimming laps in a pretty short pool once, and became exhausted with worrying about whacking myself, and getting turned around.

Soooo, can someone give me a range or a ballpark figure on what to expect to pay? I am close to Raleigh, NC. The good news is that he is not TOTALLY dead set against it, but does not want to do it right now with all we have going on. Would it add a lot of cost to do it later as opposed to now?

Thanks so much! :)

Comments (4)