SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heidi877

Shower tile all the way to the ceiling or not?

14 years ago

My materbath remodel should be starting next week so I still have some decide but have been obessing.

Here is a photo of our current bathroom situation.

Click here to view these pictures larger

I am planning to take out the wall the shower door is on so I can open up the shower and make the room feel bigger. I am planning to have a frameless glass shower door and inline panel. The bathroom (including shower) is 5 x 11 and the shower is 5 x 3.

I will keep a partial section of wall on the left that will be 1-2 feet wide so I can have some vertical storage to hang my robe and there will be a shower bench on the other side and my shower shelves (don't want to see those from outside the shower). The walls will stay the same color and I will have a beautiful espresso colored vanity with a carrara marble top.

The shower wall tile will be white subway tile. Should I go all the way to the ceiling or not? I would appreciate your thoughts.

We also currently have crown molding in the bathroom, so if it stays it will also need to wrap around the partial wall and go around the shower. I've thought about taking it out though to make the room feel a little taller but I am undecided on that too.

Comments (6)