SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
metromom_gw

Tips for getting off to a good start with a cleaning lady

metromom
16 years ago

Hi all. I had a cleaning lady I *loved* in my previous city -- she came recommended by an acquaintance, looked at my house, gave me a price ($75 every other week) and from then on, I never saw another speck of dirt.

Then we moved. I miss her!! I had no idea how good I had it. I've tried 4 different cleaners in my new home and I'm totally unimpressed -- one spent 7 hours ($140) and accomplished nothing but cleaning the floors, one stopped showing up, one was just not the kind of person I want in my home -- etc, etc.

So - I have someone new coming tomorrow to give me an estimate and I'm looking for advice about how to get off to a good start with her. I'm not totally sure what to tell her as far as what I want done, since I was so spoiled by my previous person -- I don't really know everything she did, it just gleamed when she was done. But I don't know how often she was doing windows/baseboards etc

Anyway, I'm rambling, but my real question is: what do I need to do/ask/say to be sure that this works for her and for me?

Comments (15)