SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
victoriaelizabeth_gw

My Marble Tile Lookalike Recommendation

VictoriaElizabeth
12 years ago

Like everyone says in their first post... I've lurked here for a while. I've found the forums a fantastic resource for ideas and inspiration.

The one thing I couldn't find was a marble look alike that I loved. There are plenty of recommendations, and I saw ALL of them in person. Even ordered samples online of stuff I couldn't get locally. None of them worked for me.

It didn't occur to me to take pictures of all the tile I hauled home, or take notes on what it was. I am sorry about that now, since that could have been valuable information to someone.

We are renovating an 1890, Victorian bath. I want to retain a vintage feel, but with a sleek, clean modern design. Trying to marry these two esthetics seems to hinge on the flooring. This is what I had in mind: What I had in mind

The tile became insanely stressful. Amazing how small details can be utterly absorbing and time-consuming.

My specific wants:

Oversized!! Small tile = lots of grout lines = OCD onslaught.

Marble look alike

Grey-ish Carrara look

Bright

Porcelain

Polished

Subtle pattern

I realize this is a super-specific list, but on the chance that one person will benefit from all of my searching, what we are going with is:

Peronda Museum, 18x18, polished, porcelain, bianca carrara

I don't think the online photos I found are really accurate. This has a lot to do with my opinion that you cannot know what a tile truly looks like; until you lay at least three in the space you're going to use it. I will post photos here once I figure out how to make them not huge. I linked to my online photo but the picture was massive. I guess I need to compress it somewhere?

Thank you to all the people who post their photos, experiences, and advice! The forums have been such a resource. I will be sure to post photos of the floor installed and grouted after the weekend!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Bath Renovation

Comments (16)