SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyco

Help me replace my stupid swiffer, please.

sunnyco
19 years ago

I have been using a swiffer as a dust mop for a long time. Well, let me rephrase that. I have been using swiffer products and had to replace the mop several times becuase it is a hunk of junk. The plastic swivel breaks too easily.

I also don't like the non(or minimally)-reusable aspect of the cloths and the only reason I have been using them this long is becuase someone gave me boxes and boxes of the cloths when swiffer was a new phenomenon.

I do like how well the dust sticks to it, however. Beats the heck out of the broom.

So, dust mop with reusable and washable cloths, sturdy swivel with preferable metal parts, not plastic. I want to it to last a long time and to be able to buy replacement covers, etc for it. I don't want to buy some expensive thing and not be able to find the parts in a few years. If it could be used wet, that's great.

I was looking at the sh mop but I could not find a close-up pic of the swivel, to see how it is made, and I don't know if those have proved to be available and durable over time.

I am open to any suggestions and am willing to shell out some money for something the fits all my criteria.

Sunny

Comments (11)