SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Back From My Beach Vacation and . . .

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

. . . not one darn tablescape item to show for it! It wasn't for not trying, though. We spent nine days back in Michigan at cottages on Lake Huron with my (huge) family. The town of Lexington is a wonderful, picturesque lake town with many, many shops and I hit everyone of them in my quest. My sisters, SILs, Mom, DD and many nieces thought it was, alternately, hysterically funny or that I'd lost my mind. My DD then spilled the beans about my 15 or so dish sets (most of them partial, I argued) and they were convinced ;^D

The weather turned rainy and cool for three of the days and my quest quickly turned to warm clothes that weren't plastered with "LEXINGTON" instead. But I switched back to tablescape possibilities once I found some sweats and warm socks (I'd brought mainly shorts and sandals, foolish me!).

But, other than the warm clothes, another cross for my collection and food gifts for DH's staff, all I got were two (great) silicone hotpads. How boring is that?

I saw many wonderful things, but wasn't convinced that I could get them safely back in my suitcase . . . which was already crammed with shorts, sandals bathingsuits, not to mention an entire dressy outfit for my niece's wedding that first Friday evening!

Anyhoo, seeing all your wonderful Summer White tablescapes this afternoon, made my day. They're wonderful and so creative! I'm hoping to get one done myself sometime this week. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this forum? It's good to be back!

Lynn

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional
More Discussions