SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mia_blake

Back from Vacation

MiaOKC
12 years ago

Hi all,

Am back from vacation to the beach celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. Wow... looks like I missed a big week here! Sorry to hear about everyone's hail troubles. That coupled with this insane heat is devastating.

Had my veggies on a timer to water every three days for a few hours, but it looks like things are very thirsty. Could probably use more or more frequent water. Lots of fruits on the Roma and cherry tomato plants, but the few green regular sized tomatoes are gone entirely... some critter no doubt. The onions have fallen over, and the yukon gold potato plants seem to have evaporated. Just gone. I felt down through the dirt and there seem to be potatoes there, but the green part of the plants are gone. Weird. Must figure out how to dig and store the potatoes.

Pepper plants have tripled in size, but no flowers so am starting to think there won't be any flowers until fall. Broccoli is decimated by aphids and has not headed up at all, so think I will pull it and put in some seeds. Haven't really gotten the zucchini or cucumber started, so am thinking about that, plus plan to start some small pumpkins for halloween decoration.

Our neighbor had the power company remove some of his trees that shaded a corner of our yard, so that opens up some new veggie space. It is oddly bald back there but I will get used to it... probably will feel better about it if I can eat something I grow back there!

Anyway, wanted to say I missed chatting around the forum and even used my laptop to peek in a little bit while at the beach, though I had vowed to get away from work and not check my email (I did succeed on that). I don't count the forum as work, so really, it wasn't cheating!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting