SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfb

Job Site Cleanliness

Lil B
14 years ago

How clean are your job sites during construction?

They are going to start insulation on our house today. It's probably a useless exercise, but I couldn't bear to think of all that dust and wood shavings trapped inside my walls forever, so I swept it out a little yesterday. Our shop vac doesn't work very well, and I didn't bother with vacuuming. We're having blown cellulose everywhere, so I figured that's basically the same as wood shavings and other dust. I just wanted to have a little peace of mind that it was cleaned up.

On another topic -- do workers typically smoke inside your home during construction? If they do, at what point in the build process (if ever), do they stop? We don't have sheetrock up, but I can already smell cigarette smoke. I admit that my sniffer may be more keen than some for smoke...but I did find about 10 butts on the floor. DH feels uneasy about mentioning this to the GC. Since there's no real walls yet, it's not overly concerning...but at what point in the process would people not smoke inside?

Our build is going really well right now, so if this is the only thing I have to be concerned about, I'm sure it's nit-picky to even consider this.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations