SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarends

Elux/Advantium or Miele all the way?

sarends
12 years ago

We have a lovely older brick Colonial home - it has been well taken care of by the previous owner. However the appliances are 78' vintage and the 1st domino of the replacement tumble has begun (MW broke). The MW sits above an ancient (poorly functioning) Fridgidare oven (there is another Chambers electric oven sitting at below counter height in a center island). Where the broken MW is and the old Fridgidare oven are, the cabinets are 27" wide. So here is what we have come down to:

Choice 1

Miele warming oven, Miele 27" Chef Oven, Miele Master Chef Speed Oven - $8,700 installed with all taxes and cabinet modifications.

Choice 2

Elux warming oven, Elux Wave Touch 27" Oven, GE Monogram Advantium 120 Speed Oven - $5,300.00 installed with all taxes and cabinet modifications.

It might seem like the choice would be easy - as in $3,400 cheaper for similar functionality, right? Well, it is not so easy for us as of this moment!

1st concern - how will the Monogram look on top of the Elux oven? Anyone tried this?

2nd concern - will the advantium 120 work well enough as a speed oven (we can't do the 240 because of our 27" limitation)?

3rd concern - we really like Miele (had a DW in previous home and was best DW ever) but we are wondering if the additional value is there? I don't so much mind spending $3,400 more if the value is there. On the other hand, I hate spending money for anything that is not worth what I pay for. On the other hand, I hate saving money for "compromised" solutions, which in this case might be the mixed Elux/Monogram pair.

I welcome everyone's thoughts - this is my 1st post but have read allot here re. Elux and Miele and Advantium.

Thx, Steve

My question - has anyone tried the Monogram Advantium over an Elux Oven?

Comments (6)