SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccoombs1

Need a long lasting mouse deterant under my refrigerator

ccoombs1
13 years ago

My house (kitchen) had this funky smell off and on for over a month. Finally, after searching for weeks, I have discovered the source. Mice have been stealing dog food and hiding it behind/under the refrigerator in the condensation drip pan. The food was wet and stinking. This pan is inaccessable from the front and it's very difficult to pull the refrig out (the refrig has leveling feet and the floors are hardwood). And the pan is nearly impossible to clean because of the regrig motor and all the other mechanicals that are mounted there. It took me an hour to clean the pan out.

I am dealing with the mice, but while the war wages on, is there something I can put in that pan to keep the mice away? I don't want to have to replace it often, just because this refrig is so hard to get out. How about castor oil? I know it's supposed to deter voles in the garden. Will it deter mice? I could easily put a shallow tray of castor oil in that drip pan if it would keep the mice away. I also thought about sliding a tray of moth balls under there from the front of the fridge.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Comments (22)