SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peachmarie_gw

36" Gas Range advice

peachmarie
10 years ago

Hi all - I'd like to start by saying that I don't want to hear horror stories - I see those all over the place about every brand, and it's making it impossible to make a decision! We are renovating our kitchen and I think I've narrowed it down to 3 gas ranges--Bertazzoni, Verona, and GE Monogram. Anything higher end (Wolf, Viking, etc) is out of our budget range, and my husband is an employee of GE so we can get a decent discount on the Monogram.

Like I stated in the beginning, my biggest problem lies with all the opposing views about any range you research. We want stainless steel, pro-looking, all-gas, and 36". The Verona and the Berta both have less cubic feet than the Monogram, but I figured I'd offset that by getting a nice sized microwave/convection. My husband heard that Verona doesn't warrantee within the US, but I did find something on the Eurochef USA website, so I think that was false info. Oh, and BTW - I do love to cook, and bake especially, but have been living with an ancient Magic Chef oven (and truthfully doing just fine with it). I've never had digital displays, etc., and so the "problems" people have with needing exact temp readouts (vs. just putting a thermometer in the oven, if you so desire) isn't an issue for me. I'm truthfully good with good old fashioned grandma ovens. However, unevenly cooked food or hotspots won't make me happy.

Bottom line - what are the positive experiences out there? Who LOVES their Monogram/Berta/Verona and wouldn't trade it? And why?

Thanks for any input you can give - my head is spinning, because apparently NOTHING out there is really problem-free, and of course people tend to say things more often when they are unhappy rather than happy. Looking forward to hopefully a lot of great replies!! :)

Comments (6)