SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
verlaj

Help! - Need advice on replacements for old 36" gas (LP) range

verlaj
9 years ago

The time has come to replace our 25 year old gas, 36", free-standing range.

I really want the 36" cooktop and an electric oven. I have priced and viewed many dual-fuel freestanding ranges, but the 36" width is out of our league, except for a couple of European brands which have ovens that are too small.

Now I am thinking I will have a 36" gas cooktop and separate electric wall oven installed underneath. I want a convection oven, self-cleaning, that holds a steady temperature for baking. Proof function would be great to have also.

Have seen a GE cafe range and like the overall construction quality, and have read really positive reviews for the GE gas cooktop, so I am thinking that will be the cooktop (unless somebody convinces me otherwise).

I checked out the GE cafe electric wall oven, all grades, and the reviews are not great. Main concern is a big fluctuation in oven temp, which the company says is to be expected (60 degrees!).

The Bosch 800 electric/convection/self-cleaning wall oven seems to have good reviews and a steady temp was mentioned in one of them. I think the appearance would be compatible with the GE cafe gas cooktop. Other than that, I am lost. Can anyone make recommendations? I want good quality, but I'd like to stay under $3500 for the 2 units. The GE cafe gas cooktop is currently available for ~$1375 plus taxes and service contract. The oven should not exceed ~$2K to stay in my theoretical budget.

Comments (6)