SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christam_gw

Cost to convert to a wall mount toilet?

ChristaM
11 years ago

My bath layout is staying the same, but my tub is getting wider. With 3 more inches to the tub, the clearance from the front of the toilet to the tub is now going to be 17.5".
(Unless I get a Kohler Rialto toilet which is only 25.5", but I don't like the way it looks.) Clearance is supposed to be at least 18". But even if I wiggle everything and get it to fit, I am starting to wonder if that's too close/kinda gross. We never use the existing tub so I haven't thought about bathing with a toilet bowl nearby... I'm starting to think the more clearance I can manage, the better. I'm going for an MCM minimal style.

So now I am wondering exactly how much more $$ is it to convert from a standard floor mount toilet to a wall mounted toilet with a concealed tank? The other side of the wall is a closet, so no worries there as far as space - plus, the works will be easy to access if the toilet ever needs repair. This is a second floor bath and the space below is another bathroom with a tiled ceiling I would prefer not to disturb.

This bath remodel is getting very expensive. on the other hand, I'm spending so much I might as well get it 100% right. If anyone has recommendations for wall mounted toilets, please share.

Comments (14)