SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happs_gw

Gated Entry with Keycard System and No Code

happs
11 years ago

Not sure exactly which forum to put this post in, but this one seems like the best match.

The HOA I live in has a main front gate with a simple keypad and screen where you can enter a code for the gate to open. Presently, each homeowner has the name code and they give it out cavalierly to general contractors who give it out to all the subs, and even tradespeople for one day jobs etc.

I think a system with no code and only cards, and where a plumber for example, is forced to dial the homeowner at the gate to be buzzed in is best. Is there a gate entry system where you can give out hotel-like key cards to contractors, pool service people, landscapers, real estate agents and then have the cards time limited, such as they wouldn't work after a certain period of time, like after a remodel has been completed or for landscapers, pool service people, etc the card would only work during certain hours of the day? The UPS, FEDEX, USPS, the weekly common area landscape services and the newspaper delivery person would get permanent cards. I wonder if there is a system that uses no gate key code that way you don't have to worry about careless owners giving out the code?

Do any of you live in a community where there is a card system managed by a third party, where each homeowner gets a certain number of cards that can used to gain access anytime, vs a general contractor who is doing remodeling or a real estate agent's card would only work for a limited number of months and only during certain days/times of day?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living