SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Rolling Outdoor Dish Storage and Buffet

oldalgebra
12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I haven't been posting or commenting for a long time, but I have been checking in from time to time.

Saw Luvs last week. We went to a craft fair and then had lunch. It was good to connect again.

I thought I'd share my latest summer project. I saw this done on a blog called Organizing Made Fun.

I have always wanted a decent place to set out food for an outside meal, but never found one that I

thought was big enough (no dinky carts for me) and was also in my price range.

Here is my "new" outdoor, rolling buffet table. It holds most of my outdoor picnic/barbecue dishes AND

is a nice size to put out all the food for people to serve themselves.

Here's how it developed:

I spotted just the right size bedroom dresser at my local Goodwill. It was $117 for the dresser and two nightstands.

Trouble is I didn't want or need the nightstands, so I asked if they'd sell just the dresser.

Nope! In fact, the woman at the Goodwill said it came as a set - dresser, two nightstands, mirror and headboard.

I begged. I pleaded. No use. I had to take the whole thing. It was all or nothing.

So this is what I did. I put extra large revolving wheels on the bottom of the dresser, sanded and painted it and put drawer pulls on either side.

Then I popped the mirror off it's frame,

painted the frame and sprayed chalkboard paint

on the center for a menu board.

Finally, I removed the drawers from one of the nightstands and cut a "slice" off to make it narrower.

The whole nightstand and the altered nightstand were screwed together and a common bottom was added for stability, It also got wheels, and was sanded and painted to match the buffet. I'm going to use it to set up the beverages.

I figure the whole thing cost about $225 (wheels were a big expense). Not bad for storage, portability, and serving.

Now, what can I make with the headboard?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions