SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmhip

Help, how to clean with two small kids underfoot???

emmhip
17 years ago

Okay, here is my problem:

I have a four year old DD and a 5 month old DS (we also have two dogs and two cats, so fur can be a problem). I want a clean house, my DH wants a clean house, the problem? It's next to impossible for me to get a chance to clean. I work part time, come home and then I am consumed with taking care of the kids. DD is always doing something, either playing with our dogs, Barbies, coloring, or wanting my attention. And the baby wants to be held, alot. He takes a few little cat naps (and will sit in his excisaucer for a bit), but when he does, I feel like I should be playing with DD while her brother rests. Then it's dinner, baths, stories and bedtime. That leaves about 15 minutes to clean, I am usually able to whip through the kitchen and throw a load of laundry in. What really needs to be done in my house is a through cleaning. Dusting, vacuuming, moping, etc. I need to actually finish folding all the laundry and put it away. Sometimes I take time after the kids have gone to bed and do some stuff, but usually by then, I just want to relax for an hour before I go to bed. My husband works 2pm-12am, so he is not around during the evening to offer much help, and when he is home, he is working on our large yard and is responsible for cleaning the finished basement. I think I need some type of mother's helper. Has anyone ever used a mother's helper? Any other solutions??? I'm barely keeping my head above water here....

Comments (13)