SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Veterans Memorial Photo to share...Happy Memorial Day!

jeannespines
11 years ago

My 'Holiday-er' friends...I am posting a pic of our small town's Veterans' Memorial Lot (a FEMA lot that can't be lived or built on anymore)...it was installed last night & I took pics at dusk (about 8:30) ...no tripod ...just lots of pics & this one came out the best. A couple of the volunteers shined their truck lights on it so I could take pics! A local retired art teacher designed & created the memorial with the help of a Sculptor (college professor) who sculpted the 'stars.' Many, many hours of labor pouring cement, clearing the lot, gravel, electrical, hauling in dirt, prepping the ground for seed...so many volunteers! We are so proud to be a part of this group doing volunteer work this Spring to help out with these empty FEMA lots...our little town, New Hartford, is just over a pop of 500 now ...down from about 750 before the tornado & 500-yr flood of 2008. We have been working on 4 FEMA lots & 3 will be done by next weekend!...4 Season Perennial Lot, Town Square Gazebo Lot, Community Garden Lot & this one, the Vets Lot!

So, since I'm bursting with pride, I want to share this & wish you all a Happy Memorial Day weekend! Hope to be getting back to some decorating in June! Hugs, Jeanne S.

{{gwi:126954}}

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions