SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

May Tables, Mother's Day, Memorial Day

kathleen_li
16 years ago

Our board is very slow these days! Anyone have plans for a special table for Mother's Day, or Memorial Day? I usually do Mother's Day for a crowd, but I am sitting back this year. Time for a change!

So bring on those tables!

Comments (46)

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

I'll love to view from afar on this...LOL The only "time" I'll take to set the table in the next few months is to put food on plates and scarf it up! LOL
    This is our busiest time, and we are lucky to even eat at home most nights in these spring months!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

I know Karen is planning a tablesetting or two for us. She has lots of great things to use---just needs some back pain relief so she feels like doing it I think.

I've got a few ideas for a couple kitchen table settings. Just trying to think it through and always something missing!

Maybe someone has some vignettes they could share. I'm always interested in what people use on end tables, mantles, buffets, and even picture arrangements. Karen has that new Christy Carter book--maybe she will find some inspiration pics for us from it. Hint hint

Jim always seems to be a source of inspiration pics or websites for us to check out.

I just went out with a couple friends yesterday for lunch and to hit some TS in a different area. I'll go through my finds, but think mostly things for GJ or to paint on. Saw some nice glasses and some pretty dishes--but prices were pretty steep for TS we thought. Found some gold chargers that were same price as the new ones at Home Goods, so didn't buy them! Some really pretty gold rimmed glasses for $4.99 each, thought that was sorta high for TS. Saw a big resin rooster that I sort of liked for $14.99--but after one table setting--where would I store him?

Storage is a big deterrent for me--I'd love to have more dishes, chargers, placemats, glasses, etc. not because I need them or would use them, but because they are so pretty and it is fun to share on here! LOL

Anyone else got any pretties to share with us?

Luvs

• Related Discussions

Memories of Mother's Day and my mother Pauline

Q

Comments (8)
    Yes, Permanent Wave is indeed unique in its leaf display, and bloom. It becomes quite showy and large with age. It was a seedling that Mom gave away to a close friend, Jim Langhammer of Royal Oak (thanks Jim for all the garden memories!) who several years later brought it back to her and said it was worthy of registration and a neat name, even though it was all green. She was not a fan of all green hosta unless they had uniqueness. After receiving the plant back into her garden, she wracked her brain (and mine!)for a suitable name. Mom was getting her Saturday hair fixed and as she sat under the hair dryer at the hair salon, her eyes fell on a poster for selling some "Permanent Wave", and thus the name was found. John Kulpa of course is a fantastic hosta hybridizer in his own right - but Whirlwind was a chance find in the trade. There has been a writeup on it and its progeny recently in the AHS Hosta Journal. Thanks, John for the great plants! Bruce
    ...See More

Memorial Day/Decoration Day

Q

Comments (4)
    There were 75 of us at lunch yesterday holding hands in a circle praying for all of the 1,207,000 U.S. service personnel that have lost their lives in battle the last 150 years and for their families as well as the 4,000,000+ currently serving and their families. Those numbers are staggering arent they? That averages out to around 8,050 men and women every year for the last 150 years that have given their lives defending our freedom and the freedom of others. That really brings home the fact that the cost of freedom is incredibly high!!! I hope that we can all appreciate that and especially appreciate those that get out of their rack everyday willing to shed their blood to protect us from harm.
    ...See More

May Day-Derby Day-Mother Goose Day...what did you do?

Q

Comments (26)
    Luckygal, where in the world are you? Somewhere near a beach obviously--but which one. Sorry no good luck on the TS shopping, do keep trying! Jeanne, I have two baker's racks outside, one is a corner unit--but neither look nearly as cute as yours with your collections and vignettes. I need to work on mine I think. That is so neat that you do the Farmer's market too. Candy, I'm another one who does tablescapes for my "imaginary" friends. DH will only eat at the table when we have company--rest of the time he prefers to eat in front of the tv. Karen, I didn't do a table, but I did glue a little cheese tray and glass dome on a pedestal and decorate it--can I get any points for that? ;o) Kathleen, the rooster napkins like in your photo that you shared with me are some of my favs. We don't do sit down breakfast often, but I like to just sit the table and display them on the plates because they look so cute.
    ...See More

SS Daily -- Monday May 22 to Memorial Day

Q

Comments (25)
    Hi! How is everybody doing? I am waiting to hear more about Zig's meet up with Maddie. Inquiring minds, you know.... Raeanne, have you been kayaking yet? My DS turns 18 at the end of August and I do believe that I'll buy myself a kayak. Kind of a thank you present TO MYSELF!!! for having raised 2 decent kids lol! DeeMarie, how is the knee holding up? Swimming sounds like an excellent idea. NH Suzanne, I am sure that you did not deserve to have your butt kicked. The visual on that has me ROFL! This has been a very good week for me all the way around. The weather is very warm (too warm!) but the days are just beautiful with clear blue skies and a light breeze. I am right on track with diet and ALMOST there with the exercise. Back later, I hope everyone has a very nice day. Tikanas
    ...See More
  • kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I still haven't found a place for all the stuff I bought last week! I have room in the basement, but if it is not handy, I won't use it, and I do like to use the diff settings!
    A gal on Cooking, Jain, posted some great plates she got at Ross, they even had the backs decorated. She also had some pretty salad plates from the dollar store. There are some dish addicts over there too! And some beau and very diff plates too,
    I had a lb can of crab from Costco sitting in the frig, so I made a Carb Imperial rec from Nancy on cooking, with half of it and some crabcakes with the rest.I still struggle to get the clear pics they have on the cooking site. I must buy one of those lights Judith suggested as well as folks over there. Hope you don't mind me posting dinner, if so just look at the plate! LOL

• tammy518
    16 years ago

Kathleen, your dinner looks scrumptious! I love crab in all forms.

I've been wondering about ideas for spring/summer vignettes too. I just bought my first set of stacking plates, but I have no idea what to do with them.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Tammy. I have never done stacking plates, I bought them, but think I will wait till fall. We did talk about doing one with shells...
    I scrolled back to Judith;s post in the fall and she showed us step by step how to do the plates. You need a lot of things, and honestly I can't think of what I would use, besides flowers! Maybe Sandi or Judith will come up with an idea!!!

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Kathleen,

Your dinner looks wonderful. Wish I had been there. We love crab cakes around here.

Luvs, Every new idea for a tablesetting that I come up with is short on something also. Mostly I need table linens now. As for Mother's Day, DH wants to cook on the grill so it won't be a fancy meal and hopefully I'm going shopping that day so no tablesetting. It will just be whatever DH throws on the table. ;~)
    I will set a special table next week even if I don't have the right linens and yall can advise me.

• hi2all
    16 years ago

Yum yum, Kathleen. Your food photos always make me hungry!

I've been thinking for two days about making a Memorial Day table setting, but just haven't found the time to get it done. I know I won't be doing anything special for Mother's Day.

We all may have to drag something out of the kitchen cabinets to photograph and show. I know I always enjoy looking at the things others have. Linens, dishes, old what-ever always interests me. I like newer stuff, too. It doesn't have to be old.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Wow! I don't think I can compete with Kathleen's great looking food--but thought I'd share a pic of my TS finds from yesterday.

Two friends and I met in a nearby town and had lunch then hit four TS. Two were very overpriced, but we did find a few bargains. No competition between us, I look for things for GJ, painting, or tablescapes, one looks for vintage fabrics and laces, and one looks for GJ and items for resale or to use in making things. We laughed allot and had a great time. Hope to do it again in a few months.

Oh, before I forget to tell you, I picked up four of the yellow salad plates at 99 cent store today. Just needed something with yellow to go with my glass veggies.

My best finds were the little green pitcher. I just love it. And the rose bowl is from Staffordshire England and has roses on the inside and outside. The metal tray cleaned up really nice. Not sure if I will paint it or not--it is really a heavy nice one. I got a couple of other metal trays for painting on also, but they are not in this picture. The vases and glass bowls will probably be used in a garden totem--but who knows, they might just appear in a tablesetting between now and then. Haha Click on the photo to enlarge it. Enjoy. Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

VERY nice. And I am seeing the green pitcher with the yellow plates and something..Looking forward to seeing what you do..I like those yellow plates. I could use some of those! I was In Tj Max today, but didn't see anything. The tablcloth/mat/napkin area was empty, it was that way last week too. I thought they got new stuff everyday!!

• yachter123
    16 years ago

I have been very busy too, lots of new spring plantings for the yard, need to be watered daily as we've had no rain since planting, then I opened up my garage sale again today, since it was the whole town sales and did very well.

Tomorrow & Sat. I go to sales again, so maybe I'll have some goodies to post, maybe a centerpiece on my table, but I also don't have time to do any tablescapes right now. I'll just be busy stocking up with things to use for fall & winter & of course spring tablescapes. I think Judith got us all started, so she should be keeping us inspired (hint hint)!!!

It's just a hectic, busy time of year for a lot of us, Kathleen your dinner looks scrumptuous, but I'm lucky, like others, just to get something on the table to eat right now!!

Luvs, I like your green pitcher & the yellow plates, I'm sure they'll come in handy for a beautiful tablesetting. I know I'm also in need of more table linens so they are on my list also at sales this weekend & all summer! We need a lot to keep up with the goals Judith has set for us! LOL

Hoping I have something to post after the sales.

• yachter123
    16 years ago

I have been very busy too, lots of new spring plantings for the yard, need to be watered daily as we've had no rain since planting, then I opened up my garage sale again today, since it was the whole town sales and did very well.

Tomorrow & Sat. I go to sales again, so maybe I'll have some goodies to post, maybe a centerpiece on my table, but I also don't have time to do any tablescapes right now. I'll just be busy stocking up with things to use for fall & winter & of course spring tablescapes. I think Judith got us all started, so she should be keeping us inspired (hint hint)!!!

It's just a hectic, busy time of year for a lot of us, Kathleen your dinner looks scrumptuous, but I'm lucky, like others, just to get something on the table to eat right now!!

Luvs, I like your green pitcher & the yellow plates, I'm sure they'll come in handy for a beautiful tablesetting. I know I'm also in need of more table linens so they are on my list also at sales this weekend & all summer! We need a lot to keep up with the goals Judith has set for us! LOL

Hoping I have something to post after the sales.

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Luvs, that little green pitcher is delightful. And your silver tray is very pretty with all the scrollwork on it, hope you don't paint it even tho your painting is beautiful.

Been slow here last day or two, I need to quit whining about my back and get busy, and post some pix. I'll look thru the book Judith recommended and see what I can scan to post for "inspiration" photos.
    But where's Jim and Judith when we need them? LOL.

Karen

• hi2all
    16 years ago

Luvs, your finds are wonderful. It still amazes me that you always seem to come up with something silver. That is so very pretty. Your little green picture is cute as can be. The Staffordshire bowl would make such a nice container for mints or other small candies. You had great finds, as usual. How nice that the three of you look for different things. It can sometimes be awkward when everyone is looking for the same things. (Everyone wants it, but no one will jump in, so it usually stays on the shelf.)

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Karen, Judith's mom is with her till the 8th, so she won't be around. We will have to find inspiration elsewhere! lol
    I am trying to get inspired to go out and do yard work. It is still too cold to plant, but there are other chores I can do.How do you post a pic from a book? Take a pic or it? Or scan it?

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Kathleen, Yachter, Lee, and Karen, glad you enjoyed seeing my little collection of treasures.

Kathleen, thank you! You are right, I should be able to use the pitcher in a setting with the yellow plates.

Now if I were willing to part with the cash, or had more of it, (and had more storage space), one of the stores we visited had a "boutique" section. I know, does that word really fit along with TS? LOL Anyway, they had lots of china, glassware, pretty vases, etc. They were priced much higher than the other glassware section, and many things were in sets. I want to go back sometime and check it out better. Neither of my friends were into "dishes".

Speaking of which, these two ladies are my "newest" friends, and so we are just getting to know each other. I couldn't figure out a way to tell them that I like buying things to dress up my table, take a pic, then put it all away! I just knew they were going to think I was crazy! How do you explain this new obsession to your friends?

Karen, I probably won't paint that tray--it is too nice. But I now have three or four that are "too nice"--how am I going to use them? (Right now, all but one is in the shed until I figure out where to store them inside.)

Lee, I always find the silver because I "look" for it. Since the shabby chic things became popular, trays are a good thing to paint roses and other flowers on. You can see some of my painted ones on the Painting forum gallery if you are interested and have a little time to kill. ;o)

Good luck with all the yard work ladies--but don't forget to make a little time to do some creative things you enjoy doing too.

Luvs

• jaybird
    16 years ago

Oooooo Luvs...the tray is...well....LUVly!!!!! I have it's sister in my hutch behind a red and white transferware plate!!! They make a wonderful "frame" standing behind a pretty plate!! I just stand both pieces in the same easel! You did very well!!
    I too look for silver pieces. I take them home, polish them up and use them all over the house for different things. The bedrooms have a silver tray with silver or china little dishes for odd change, jewelry, watches...etc.. In the guest room I have a silver tray on the bureau with a small silver bowl that contains sewing notions in case a guest has an emergency repair, another small silver dish holds individual packs of aspirin, advil etc., bandaids, antacids, mints and such. Yet another silver pot?? (it's oval and about 4"deep X 8" long) holds hand cream, eyemakeup remover pads and shampoo/conditioner. I use other silver pieces lots of ways...let me know if you need more ideas!!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Jaybird, those all sound like great ways to use the trays. Sounds like you have thought of everything to make your guests comfortable too. Of course, a picture is worth a thousand words, as they say. Sure wish you could be posting pics of some of your great pieces and projects.

When I first started looking for trays to paint, I would buy just about anything. Now, while I will buy a nicely shaped lighter weight one, I really look for the heavier ones. There's just something about them that really appeals to me.

When I worked at the little antique store, the owner often used the trays on shelves or tops of furniture pieces. She said they just add some "bling".

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Kathleen, I scan any photos and then save to my file and crop or edit if needed, then can put in Photo Bucket or whereever I want to save to.
    I don't think taking a picture would come out very clear on a magazine page, at least I don't have luck with that sort of thing. Tho I have learned to take photos of a lot of stuff outside, in the shade, to get a better shot of it.
    Especially shiny things.

Karen

• hi2all
    16 years ago

Luvs said: How do you explain this new obsession to your friends? I don't even try! Some things are just best left unsaid. lol

How to use your silver trays? Jaybird had some very good ideas. They look pretty in a bathroom. I also use a crystal biscuit barrel and covered cut glass candy dishes to hold little items like q-tips and cotton balls. They all look nice on a silver or mirrored tray. I often use a tray when taking my cup of coffee or tea to the living room. Less chance of me spilling it on the way, plus it looks good. Several small glass containers look nice when gathered on one tray, instead of scattered around.

I checked the Painting forum one time before -- I'll go back and look again. I love your roses!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Lee, you are probably right! Don't even try. LOL

I think I am going to do a wall arrangement of some of my painted trays. I can put it in my guest room since it has a bedspread and shams with roses anyway. And I will start looking for places to use and display the nice ones that I decide not to paint. Thanks for the ideas.

Luvs

Luvs

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Luvs, I love your new finds. I think my favorite is the little green pitcher, but I would have bought everything you have also. I agree with Kathleen it would look very pretty with the yellow salad plates. And just a thought, but could you use your silver trays as chargers? I like Jaybird's idea of putting a silver tray behind a plate on an easel. Also, what about standing them in your china hutch behind a bunny like Judith's table vignette?

Jaybird, I love all of your uses for silver trays and bowls. And like Luvs said we wish you could post pics.

Lee, I love your idea of uses for silver trays also. And I really like the idea of several small glass containers on a tray. Another one I have to try. I hate to admit it, but I don't know what a biscuit barrel is. LOL

• hi2all
    16 years ago

Biscuit barrels are lidded containers meant to hold crackers or cookies. They are made from various materials. Mine is crystal. The ones I've seen are smaller than what we call a cookie jar. Long ago crackers were shipped in bulk in big barrels. When you went to the store, you bought a pound or whatever amount you wanted. I have my Grandmother's that my Mother inherited. It is ceramic. Some antique ones are very pretty. So are the Waterford ones. Mine is not even close to Waterford; it came from a sale at Dillards, but I still like it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waterford biscuit barrel

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have thought about buying one of those for years. They sure have gone up in price. It would have been a good investment! Or maybe Dillards in high priced? I dunno

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

That Waterford one is beautiful--but I could buy allot of dishes for what that costs! Lee, enjoy yours, I am sure it is very pretty too. Luvs

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Lee, I can't believe I never heard of a biscuit barrel. I have seen the big wooden barrels of different food stuffs in old western movies and just never thought about what people would put them in. Now I know. Thank you.
    I love that Waterford one, but I'll have to admire it from afar. ;~) One day when you're in the mood to take more pics, please show us your biscuit barrels.

• hi2all
    16 years ago

Okay, Sandi, I will try to take pictures this week.

The only reason I know about the crackers coming in bulk in wooden barrels at the grocery store is because my mother told me. It came up one day when she was talking about her mother's "cracker jar".

Here are a couple more pics of biscuit barrels from Dillards. This one is Mikasa and $20:

This one is Lenox "Butterfly Meadow":

Is it Kathleen that has the china in that pattern? I have the clear glass cream and sugar and salt and pepper shakers in Butterfly Meadow. I wanted a couple more pieces, but they don't make them any more. The sugar bowl has a butterfly handle on the lid and there are raised butterflies around the top edges of the pieces. They are not patterned like the blue one in the picture.

Here is an antique Wedgwood one I saw on the internet. Not mine either, sad to say:

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Lee, If you keep telling us about all of the pretties you have you'll be taking a lot of pics for us! LOL You know how we are...

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Judith has Butterfly Meadows. I have ONE plate!

• marylmi
    16 years ago

Kathleen, your food always looks soooo good! Makes me hungry!

luvstocraft, great finds! I, of course, love the green pitcher and the yellow plate. The vases are pretty and the silver tray will be very useful for decorating or just for display. BTW. I love all of your breakfast settings. You have been busy, which we love! :)

hi2all, I had actually forgotten about the crystal biscuit barrel/jar that my brother gave me probably 20 yrs. ago! I'll have to get it down and start using it.

• marylmi
    16 years ago

These are my yellow dishes that I have had for 30 yrs. and still like them! The rooster I got at Big Lots the other day...he looks nice on my cupboard and the bird candleholders I got at Ben Franklin. They weren't cheap but they are heavy and I can use them on the patio too.
    {{gwi:1423295}}

Here I am using the olive tray

[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/photogal_photos/yellowdishes021-1.jpg[/IMG]

• marylmi
    16 years ago

Here is another one, I used the wrong tag so it didn't work.
    {{gwi:1423297}}

The mat and napkins look blue but they are green.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Mary, I love your yellow dishes too. How nice that you have a whole set. The cups look so nice with the white on the inside. Is the round charger ceramic or woven? Your table looks beautiful with your yellow tablecloth and that cute flower arrangement. That rooster was a great find. Very nice. I really like bird items too, even though I don't have many of them. Thanks for showing us your pics.

Wow, I had never known about biscuit or cracker jars before either, but those are certainly lovely. By all means, Mary, you should use and enjoy yours too.

Luvs

• hi2all
    16 years ago

Wow, Mary, your tables are so pretty! There are so many things I really like -- the colors you used in each setting, the way you have the napkins, the cute shaped salad plate, the scalloped edges on the cream pitcher and other dishes, your candle holders and rooster, and the centerpiece. You did great! You did good 30 years ago, too, by choosing such pretty dishes.

How nice that you have a biscuit barrel tucked away. I love crystal. Oh, I forgot to add I enjoyed seeing your olive tray. It reminded me that someone in my family had one, but I can't remember who. (Hope it wasn't me, and I've forgotten. lol)

Lee

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Mary, I love your yellow dishes and your tablesetting is very pretty. You would never know they are 30 yrs old. And I love the 2 colors of napkins in the stems. Both of your tables are just so pretty and happy. Yellow is one of those colors that just makes me smile. I saw a set recently that I really liked, but it was a little too high and I thought I could content myself with my yellow salad plates, but I'm rethinking that now. ;~)
    Those little salad plates are perfect on your table also. I love your rooster and bird candleholders also. Those little birds are perfect. We had a Ben Franklin's in MS when I was growing up, but I haven't seen one in years. It was was across town from us, but we got to go sometimes and they always had such different stuff than our closer stores. It's nice to know they are still open somewhere.
    I've never seen an olive tray like yours. My grandmother had a cut-glass little rectangle dish with 3 divisions and that was what she served olives in every Thanksgiving & Christmas. She called it the olive dish. I'm going to have to google olive trays. I really love yours.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mary, those tablesettings are lovely! What pretty color combinations...Your flowers, your glasses , your napkins, very pretty indeed!

• jaybird
    16 years ago

(Olive trays work well behind the kitchen faucet to hold the sponge and scrubby)
    Mary your yellow dishes are so soft looking and pretty!!
    I've enjoyed seeing the biscuit barrels too...I have one in the LR that I put candy in...my littlist GD comes to ask if she can have a candy..."Just one Grandmommie, just one"...
    and if I believe that, she'll produce property in Arizona too!! :^)

• marylmi
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone. At one time I boxed up the dishes and didn't use them for a couple of years. Then I started to see a lot of yellow showing back up in the stores and started using them again, but I have never really tired of them. When I first bought them, they were used every single day but now I'm always changing back and forth.

luvstocraft, the chargers are woven. I got them at Walmart & they work so well with the yellow dishes. Sometimes I use the green chargers . I need more green dishes to mix in with the yellow though.
    Inside of olive tray...
    {{gwi:1423298}}

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Mary, I just love your olive tray. It's much prettier than any I found on ebay and I love the picture and writing on the inside. Thanks for showing it.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Mary, I thought they looked woven, but can't really tell in a picture--and chargers come in so many patterns and styles now too. Love the yellow and green together, looks so soft and pretty. How great that you even have the sugar and creamer too.

I am learning so many things on this forum--didn't know about biscuit jars, and now I'm learning there are olive dishes! Yours is just so cute too.

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I like how it is labeled in case you didn't know what to use it for! LOL
    My mom LOVED yellow. Everything in her kitchen was yellow. When the gkids saw something yellow they would always want to get it for her.

• marylmi
    16 years ago

sandi, I think my friend got this one on ebay! I did see some at Ben Franklin before Christmas and they had a green one that I wish I would have bought because now they don't have any. :(

luvstocraft, I am missing a couple of plates and saucers but otherwise still have most of the set (set of 8) and also the vegetable bowls and the big round platter. And NO chips on any of them! lol! The yellow tablecloth is as old as the dishes and has had lots of wear!

kathleen, I didn't know there was such a thing as a olive tray before my friend sent me that one. I think they are so unique!

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

I'm learning a lot, first Biscuit barrels and now Olive trays. Guess you know what I'll look at on eBay or Internet tonight! But Mary, I doubt I'd ever see any olive tray prettier than yours. It is so darling and makes me want one just like it. And I don't eat olives nor do my DH and Dad. LOL, think I can put grapes in one?

Karen

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, Karen you could line those grapes, or cherry tomatoes, or mozzarella balls, or bon bons, or lay those long thin bread sticks, or skinny carrot sticks and celery, etc. There are NO Olive dish police, so you can use it for what ever you like. LOL~ I don't like olives either, DH does, but I am not buying a dish for him, maybe...

• marylmi
    16 years ago

Karen, & Kathleen, Yes, you could put anything you wanted in the dish. Not an original idea, but just looking at mine I was thinking even cheese cubes (& whatever other choices you had) on toothpicks, in it. They would fit nicely. Just like the bone plates, I think whatever we want to use them for! :) I like the mozzarella balls idea! Kathleen do you have a recipe for them? I have never made them.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mary, I buy mine in Costco. They come packed in olive oil, very tasty. Do you make cheese, Mary? You could prob make fresh mozzarella in your :spare: time! HAHA

• marylmi
    16 years ago

kathleen, I guess I was thinking along the lines of the large cheese balls! Noooo, I don't make cheese and any spare time that I have I would rather be on the internet or 'playing' with dishes! :)
    We don't have a Costco but I will look for them the next time I go shopping.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions