SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neesie_gw

Can't do a vessel sink after all

neesie
15 years ago

I can't believe I didn't notice this until I was already knee-deep in renewing my bathroom! I am going to get rid of my old vanity top (standard size 49 x 22) with integrated sink. I am contracting with a granite importer/fabricator who did my kitchen last year for a remnant which I've already picked out but not paid for.

I bought a beautiful vessel sink and THEN noticed that my integrated sink's drain is set pretty far back, not centered like the vessel sink; The drain hole on the vessel won't match up to the existing drain!

I should also mention that even though my vanity is a standard measurement the sink is off-center (to the left). I purposely went to the granite fabrictor because the pre-cut pieces at HD only come with a center cut hole.

I really love the granite. I'm feeling like I may have to go with an undermount sink and sell my vessel on craigslist. Selling the vessel isn't the main pain, it's just that I wanted a "wow" factor. Any suggestions of where to look for a fabulous sink and how does one go about getting the same fit/measurement for the drain?

Here is a link that might be useful: vanity and bathroom ready for make-over

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths