SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boymom_gw

A rug instead of bath mats? Advice please.

boymom
15 years ago

I love the idea of using a Persian rug in front of my double-sink vanity, instead of your typical terry-type bath mats, and I've found a couple that will work color-wise. One is 3 x 5, but it doesn't adequately cover the enough floor in front of the vanity to serve both sinks.

Option two is a beautiful 4 x 6 rug that I have never found a spot for in our house. Its colors would be stunning in my master bath and would great in front of the vanity.

However, the left side of the rug will be about 8 inches from where one steps out of the shower.

Which means what? I'll need something else to whip out when I'm going to step out of the shower? I'll put something on top of the rug when I shower? Or can I just grab my robe or towel off the hook and step on to that rug?

My final option is look for something 2 x 6, to cover both sinks, but allow room for something else in front of the shower, or is the whole idea foolish because if I need something more absorbent in front of the shower, whatever it is, it will obliterate the look I'm trying to go for anyway.

Does this make sense?

Comments (9)