SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzettew

Which of these three bathroom layouts should I choose?

suzettew
14 years ago

This is the second bath for a two bedroom plus office/guest room house on a hill. The bathroom size is 9'4" x 5' and I can't make up my mind between three different layouts.

Some points to remember:

a) We are adding this bathroom from scratch (the house only had one bathroom), so we can place the plumbing and fixtures anywhere. There are no sump pump or any weird plumbing requirements.

b) The only things that CANNOT move are the door and the window.

c) The master bath will NOT have a tub. In the master, DH and I are opting for a roomy two-person steam shower instead. ;-)

d) We intend to be in the house for many years, and the only kid still at home is a teenager.

Option #1: I like this because it seems the most "sleek" design, and the window is easier to get to. However, I am at war with the idea of "having to have" a tub in the house (we are taking the tub OUT of the master bath cuz we want the big steam shower).

Option #2: Not my favorite. However, it does seem fairly spacious for the small size, and they make compact 54" tubs for mobile homes that are deeper than regular 54" tubs (17.5 deep versus 13.5 deep).

Option #3: This is the plan drawn up by the architect. The only thing I don't like is that I don't have much of a linen closet, and I think storage is important.

So.... decisions, decisions, decisions.... which plan would you choose?!

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Options # 1, 2 and 3

Comments (8)