SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
autumn_4_gw

Master layout - thoughts on this setup?

autumn.4
11 years ago

I have come across this kind of set up a few different times and wonder if any of you have any experience with it or what you overall impression is of it?

My current 'want' in a master layout:
Access to the bathroom/closet without re-entry into the master to avoid waking the sleeping spouse (we are on very different work schedules/sleeping patterns). Initial thought was to have a walk through between laundry and master closet to enter that way.

Then I came upon this that someone else posted for an entirely different reason and it got me thinking.

Pros that I can see:
Easy entry into bath or closet or laundry without disturbing your spouse.

Cons that I can see:
Privacy as to get to the bath/closet from the master you walk through that little open space from the living room. We don't normally have overnight guests nor those that would be in the living room while we are sleeping but what if you were quick walking through in your workout clothes or something and your kids had invited a friend into the the house....awkward!

I see there is a dashed line depicting a door in that horizontal hall but it would kind of detract from the looks I think?

I believe that closet in the hall there by the PR is meant for the foyer too - odd placement - a little too close to private spaces.

We are now starting to contact house designers (starting there as we have determined that more than likely a full fledged architect is sadly out of our reach-I'd hire some of you on here in a minute if I thought I could afford you, lol!). I will have to settle for picking your brains for free and hopefully get a good plan that will live well for us.

So anyhow - thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH