SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

new birds n plates to decorate with

Purplemoon
14 years ago

Dollar Tree has some new birds in, they are pretty neat. The birds are resin, their legs-feet are metal.

Last week, on a blog, I saw one a gal had bought and painted! She didn't like the bluebird and wanted to spiff him up, so she painted him white and I think a gloss sealer was used. He ended up very pretty and had that 'porcelain' look. I like the colored birds, but since only a dollar each, I might get more and redo one or two myself.

Ebay browsing again and discovered these two small plates. Eight inch size. They are called Nature's Journey, by Bastin. (there are butterfly and other bird ones too.) The rabbit is exactly the kind of plate I have my collection in the kitchen. And of course the Cardinal will go with my Christmas collection of Cardinal plates. Aren't they pretty?

{{gwi:1421536}}

{{gwi:1421537}}

And I've saved the BEST to last! I'm so excited with these 'wood plates'. I LUV them! And of course they were painted by our talented Luvs! Little story behind these.....several years ago, I had saved graphics with this little boy and little girl to my files to use emailing during the Patriotic holidays. I always thought they would be a wonderful pattern to cut out of wood. I wanted to enlarge them, and cut them out where they would be about 20" high to display in the yard. They would be very easy to cut out. However, being the Queen of Procrastination, I still haven't done them... and I am still hoping to do so before Memorial Day.(fat chance, huh?).

Meanwhile, I'd sent Luvs some bunnies and she wanted to do something in return, tho I told her not necessary. But she insisted. I asked her if she could paint the Patriotic Kids on plaques for me display on my mantle. I requested a splatter-type background, but left things mostly up to her knowing I'd be thrilled. And oh yeah, I am definitely THRILLED!! They will go up Memorial Day and stay thru July 4th. Aren't they the cutest things ever? I hope she makes herself some with these patterns!

hugs, Karen

Comments (17)

Sponsored
More Discussions