SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chewer87

Floor Plan Suggestions please :)

Chewer87
10 years ago

Hi all,

First post from me.. i'm looking to build a single story extension on my house.. I have one or two ideas, which I've drawn up - but i'm just looking for input before we make a final decision and submit the plans.

The primary goal of this extension is to add a bathroom (at the moment the current (upstairs) bathroom is pretty small - it has a double shower cubical and no bath - but at the same time, some extra space would be useful.

There's a baby on the way - so a second living room / play room would make a lot of sense.

At the moment, there is no real storage space - upstairs there are 2 reasonable sized bedrooms with their own cupboards, and one small cupboard room for towels which has been built into the bathroom space - so at the moment there is no laundry room or anything like that - having space for that would be useful.

Obviously with it only being 2 bedrooms - we would probably consider having a bed-settee in the second living room / toy room for any visitors.

If you have any suggestions on better (or just different) ways of laying it out, please say :)

Any input on what's good and what's bad is welcome...

Thanks

Comments (8)