SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marielle448

Bosch dishwasher with dirty water under the filter (searched)

marielle448
11 years ago

Yes I've searched the forums but I've had trouble coming up with an answer.

1. I just had a bosch she68r55uc installed on Friday. Ran the dishwasher with the recommended detergent and rinse aid on a couple of cycles after trying my usual detergent and no rinse aid. I noticed that the top rack items have a black sort of incinerated grit which I imagine is the residue left after the enzymes process the grime off the dishes. I cleaned out the top spray arm and it was unobstructed. I checked the filter and other than a thin layer of grease from last night's meal was pretty free of debris. However the water left under the filter is not clear like I've seen in some pics online. It's pretty dirty and I'm thinking that's not okay. The water level is fine, what is not is the clarity of the water remaining.

2. In the bottom of the stainless tub, closest to the bottom edge of the door the tub lining is sort of crimpled. Like where the seal ends it's an impression similar to the texture of the seal. But a little bit closer to the door it looks slightly crimped as well. Is that normal?

3. The door is pretty hard to open but I'm guessing that may be normal? Also, the bottom rack is a little stiff to pull out. Is that normal as well?

This dw replaced a 13 year old GE hotpoint that was installed in this home when they built it. I'm guessing it lasted that long because we installed a water softener as soon as we moved in and we were former obsessive dish rinsers LOL.

Comments (14)