SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mertztr_gw

Dishwasher shopping - Bosch, F&P, Electrolux?

mertztr
15 years ago

We're in the market for a dishwasher. The one we have currently was part of the house package, and is a run of the mill contractor grade Maytag. It's about 6 years old and while it runs OK, some of the tines are rusting out and the plastic is getting a little discolored. The wife just got a bonus and she's really looking forward to using it towards a new dishwasher.

Features we'd like: stainless tub and exterior, hidden controls, low water/energy consumption, QUIET.

We have a F&P washer and dryer and have always been interested in the dishdrawer. The DD605 is on clearance locally right now for $998. It has a plastic interior and may not be the quietest on our list, but it would certainly be better than what we have and certainly fits the bill on energy/water.

Bosch are known to be quiet, and we had also looked at an 800 series (not sure if it was Integra or Evolution) on sale for $1225. Not sure how they do on water usage.

Electrolux looked like a good option, certainly quiet - but I thought I had read somewhere on this site that their water usage was relatively high.

Saw some of the Miele's at the same store, they are certainly nice but may be a tad more than we want to spend. Any advice for me while I continue to search and read older stuff?

Thanks,

Tom

Comments (14)