SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gopack_gw

Stay away from Dysons IMO

gopack
16 years ago

I know poeple just love their Dyson vacs so I bought one about a year ago. I keep the beater brush cleaned so it keeps cleaning well.

Now it is making that loud ratcheting noise. We totally cleaned the brush and even cleaned under the belt. It is still making the noise and the beater bar is trying to turn but can't. The Help center was very nice and walked me thru steps to try to get it to work.

No luck so now I have to drive clear across Dallas to take it to an authorized dealer. My hunch in there is something caught in the clutch. It is ridiculous that this design can have this kind of a problem.

I would say stay away from them. The suction is good but really, the beater brush never fluffs my carpet very much like my older upright vacs did. So I was a little disappointed in that. Plus you have to constantly clean off the beater brush.

Overall I think the plastic is kind of cheap and if you are not careful, you could easily crack the canister. YOu also have to clean out the inside of the cyclone or it gets caked with dirty and dust.

I never had to clean out a vac before in my life and I never had to take one in to get serviced. For over $450, I feel the Dyson is way over priced and not worth the money.

Sorry if others disagree but that is how I feel about it. Just wanted to let others know some of the down sides of it.

Plus the fact the service centers are few and far between. What a hassle.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!