SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jally1

Seek expertise re: rubber bath mat mildew

jally
11 years ago

To anyone experienced in this matter:

I had finally found a bathtub mat which is both cushiony-comfortable & skid-resistant suction cups for geriatric mom's baths in slippery tub. (I'm talking VERY slippery tub, and no choice for other bath accommodations - long story).

The bath mat I settled for is the Eurotile rubber bath mat, but mildew gathers on it after awhile.

Would either Arm & Hammer Oxi liquid detergent help remove the mildew, or else some sort of peroxide solution? I'm talking about immersing/soaking it awhile in the solution.

Also:

..(what ratio of water to add to either solution?

.....and how hot should the added water be?)

I prefer to avoid bleach since it's overwhelmingly strong, thus undesirable, and that's aside from this bleach-mold-myth site.

Also worried re: residues, since the cleaning woman isn't so perfectionist.

P.S. just so you know, I also tried (and still have) the popular Rubbermaid Mildew Resistant Mat but the latter had several disadvantages:

(1) its large suction cups felt sorta bumpy compared to the cushiony-comfortable Eurotile mat

(2) difficult to attach & remove (for draping over tub rail) due to its large suction cups. The Eurotile is much easier to attach & remove, even while it offers the same degree of both skid resistance & adherence-to-tub.

btw, if i someday get hold of a pressure washer & hose, i might try that. But meanwhile, the above questions remain open, and thanks to anyone who can offer experienced advice.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus