SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedee_2008_gw

Tile installer says I'll have problems with this tile

deedee-2008
16 years ago

I am having my kitchen and adjacent half-bath remodeled. I chose a 12inch square polished marble tile for the powder room in Sahara Gold. The color of the tile looks beautiful by the kitchen's oak floor and bath vanity. The tile store sold me Sealer's Choice Gold sealer to use over it once installed. The GC who will be installing the tile next week took one look at the tile, shook his head, and told me that I should be prepared for "alot" of problems with the tile scratching and looking "awful" due to the foot traffic in the half-bath. He said I should have never picked out polished marble. Needless to say, at $10.99 a square foot, plus labor, I hope I didn't make a terrible mistake. I am quite disappointed about hearing this bad news already, even before installation. Obviously, I can't spend another $1,500 for another tile, and I especially like the looks of this tile. Are there any other polished marble floor owners or installers out there who can give me any good news or help "soften the blow" of this message? Thanks in advance.

Comments (21)