SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcgowan35

If you did an in-fill build, how did you find your lot?

chicagoans
12 years ago

If you bought a home to tear down and build a new one (common here as small homes make way for new, large ones) I'd like to know what you looked for in a listing and/or how you found your lot.

My folks have put their house on the market. The 82 year old home has some beautiful features like leaded glass windows, but it's a small house on a large lot in a desirable location (walk to town, train, excellent schools) so I'm pretty certain it will be sold for a tear down. (Yes, I'm sad, but I won't go into that now.)

The MLS listing shows pictures of the yard in addition to interiors and lists the lot size. Is there other information you would look for or highlight? e.g., should I check with zoning and have the agent add something like "this lot could accommodate a #### square foot house"?

I've contacted a couple builders who approached them in the past, but as we all know times have changed in the last few years.

Any thoughts? I know I can post this on the buying/selling forum, but I'm interested if any of you who have built an in-fill house have advice.

TIA!

Comments (8)