SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buyorsell888

I need help, tips for a bad cleaner with medical issues?

buyorsell888
13 years ago

I know that most cleaning can be done with elbow grease but I have Fibromyalgia which is like Arthritis only the pain and stiffness is in my muscles not my joints. It was my turn for bunco last Friday and I went through four Mr. Clean erasers on my fridge, stove and tub and my arms still hurt so bad I can barely type today. I also have severe migraines on a regular basis with no warning and they take me out sometimes for days.

I also have ADHD and it is really easy for me to walk by small messes until they become big ones. Ditto spills on the stove etc. I think I'll remember to go back and clean them up after the gas burners cool off but I forget. I also get distracted really easily. Carrying something into the room it belongs and then spending an hour organizing something the guests on their way won't ever see, for example...

So, my house is always a mess and I can't afford a housekeeper. DH is not much help. Since I have been working from home the last six years he thinks he should not lift a finger but that is another issue. No kids.

Any ideas? I truly do not enjoy living in a messy house. I'm thoroughly frustrated.

Comments (9)