SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prosperity66

My Easter Settings, Thanks To... Karen :)

prosperity66
16 years ago

Hi :)

Just want to share my Easter settings with you.

A lot of my Easter decorations are coming from Arizona, thanks to our wonderful friend Purplemoon.

This has been very hard for me to remove the Saint Patrick decorations because I they were looking so nice but I finally decorated for Easter.

And obviously, I had to share it with you my friends.

We expect snow for the weekend. Yes, that's Belgium: when it does not rain, we have snow or hail...

Before seeing my pictures, I'd like to talk about our Belgian (and French) Easter traditions:

In some European countries, Easter bells have a great symbolic aspect.

In the ancient times, the bells of our churches were ringing every day of the year to invite people to attend the mass or for any other public event.

Yesterday, Maundy Thursday, all the bells stopped ringing: they left our countries for Rome where the Holy See is located as they have to be blessed by the pope.

Since Jesus died on Good Friday and resurrected on Easter Sunday these days of silence are a symbol of mourning and recollection.

Therefore, the bells will ring again on Easter Sunday, returning from Rome where they brought Easter eggs that they will drop in our gardens.

Besides Jesus' resurrection, Easter bells also symbolize the rebirth of the Spring.

So, in my country, the bunny doesn't bring eggs but the bells do :)

While me and my family are Catholics, my grand-mother is the only one who attends the Mass on Easter Sunday as she usually does on each and every Sunday of the year. The new generations do not practise any more so, we'll only have the pleasure of receiving our Easter eggs and... envelops that will contain some Euros ;-)

I'm organizing the Easter dinner so, while my mother asked for a spaghetti Bolognese (it's NOT and Easter meal!) we'll eat a leg of lamb, gratin dauphinois and green beans. As dessert, my son will make a "Petit Beurres" cake with coffee butter cream - my son loves to cook! As appetizers, I'll make some eggs stuffed with salmon and tuna mousse.

Well, let's see my Easter pictures :)

I hope Purplemoon will recognize this beautiful Spring garland she sent to me...

Another guarland with white roses that comes from Arizona... Karen gave me another one (red roses) and I plan to do something with it and a hat I have...

My Easter table setting...

I added an Easter candle I had (on the right of the vase, the candle is in the egg) well it's terracotta but I think that it fits the decor...

My new "Easter tree": small dark eggs that shine come from Arizona too (they are normally transparent)! The bunnies and the eggs at the bottom of the vase are also from Karen.

Happy Easter to you; may the bells bring you a lot of eggs into your baskets!

And, Karen, thank you so much for helping me to decorate my home!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH
More Discussions