SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

They're Filming a New TV Series by My House Today!

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

I almost fell over when I was heading out to pick Emily up at the bus stop this afternoon. There, where my little road meets the road through our village was a huge amount of film trucks and vans, limos, Segways and it seemed like 100 people there today! There were orange traffic cones and signs and what looked like miles of electrical cords, etc. all over the place. And, of course, many police cruisers . . . although I have no idea what they were there for! There's really no crime here and we locals mind our own business. Neil Patrick Harris used to live here before he got his new tv series. Freddie Prinze Jr. and (his then girlfriend/ now wife) Sarah Michelle Gellar used to hang out at our next door neighbor's house when they were in town (their son is his bestfriend). Nobody ever bothered any of them.

Anyhoo, I had to drive around all this movie stuff in order to drive Emily's friend to her house. The police told us that they're now filming a new ABC tv series here . . . "Scoundrels" with Virginia Madsen, David James Elliot and I don't know who else!

I know this place is very scenic and we've been told that the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area (and all of New Mexico) is supposedly becoming the place to film movies and tv series (after LA and NYC, of course) but NOT in our pretty, sleepy little village, I hope! (Sigh!), I am so hoping that this will only be a location shoot for a week or so, and NOT the main character's home in the series!

Funny thing I saw today was the film crew putting out palm trees around the house they're shooting at! They must be portraying it as Palm Springs or something, because there are no real palm trees around these parts. LOL!!!

Lynn

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions