SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pecanpie_gw

I give up. How DO you clean an F&P oven?

pecanpie
15 years ago

I am on my second set of Fisher & Paykel double ovens. Long story short, first set was the 2004 series that was replaced in 2006 because of numerous circuit board problems.

Now 4 months out of warranty, I'm trying to use the self-clean (for only the second time on this set) and I'm showing an error code that I recognize as the oven's failure to lock. Ask me how I recognize it...

Back in 2005, F&P service was exemplary. For whatever reason, I couldn't say that today. I've spent all weekend on hold with their service department. Yes, yes, I know I'm out of warranty, but I don't want to pay a king's ransom to repair it with two service calls ----I just want to clean the damn oven and the instructions say not to use an oven cleaner.

I've used environmentally-safe de-greasing cleaning spray, baking soda, dishwashing liquid and scrubbers. I'm not making much headway.

So, how does one clean a self-cleaning oven that breaks every time one uses that feature?

I love the probe cooking, love the hidden element and the roomy interior, but I'm flogging myself for the millionth time for buying these ovens.

They seemed like a good idea at the time.

Comments (3)