SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeonasky

Did you learn to clean from your Mama,..

yeonasky
17 years ago

and if so what tips did you learn from her?

I didn't and I'm not a good cleaner. There I said it, on an international format. Decluttering is easy enough for me, but getting down to the nitty gritty of cleaning, besides the dishes, laundry, bathrooms, and picking up, are a real problem for me. If you looked up dysfunctional in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of my family. Among other things, we were discouraged from cleaning and criticized when we did. So I'm allergic to most of it, judging from the emotional hives I get, in the extreme. I wish there were a shot for emotional allergies. ;)

The one "trick" I learned as an adult is that I need machines to circumvent some of my allergies. For instance, I have two dishwashers in my very small kitchen. That's the only reason I get the dishes all done. Otherwise I would only get through 3/4 of the dishes a day and you can imagine what a mess I have by the end of the week. Another painful admission. I wish I had two clothes washers as well, so I could do two loads a day at once, as DH goes through clothes like mad. If wishes were house cleaning robots, I'd be in heaven on earth.

What about you? What great cleaning tips/patterns did you learn from your family, and if not from them, where from?

Yeona

Comments (19)