SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaybird

Mother/Daughter Tea...sorry really long....

jaybird
15 years ago

Alrighty then...here I am again!

My little church has decided that they would love to have a M/D tea on the Saturday before Mother's day.

I guess you know who got railroaded....ummmmmm I mean volunteered....ummmmmm I mean nominated to get things together..

Yep, you are right, so here I am!!

My ideas so far:

White table cloths with square overlays of prints/colors to match the dishes on THAT table.

Between the church, DD, DSIL and myself, we have enough sets of dishes to have different dishes on each table.

I think I will bow to convenience and use the big, soft white paper napkins...or maybe some that coordinate with the dishes?????

Teapot centerpieces (DD collects them so we have lots :^) with a dowel in the center, sheer ribbons wound maypole style around the dowel, colored marbles on top of styrofoam to hold the dowel in the pot, and a flower glued to the top of the dowel.

I ordered tea bags from Scripture tea, so we will have an assortment of flavors on each table along with sugar, sweet and lo and cream.

I have a TON of silver serving pieces and silver tableware.

We will have cookies, cupcakes, tea sandwiches......????

How do we get the hot water to each table and have it still hot?????, or should I just have the tea bags and hot water at the food table????

More ideas????

Thank you all in advance for your good ideas. I always know who will bail me out of the crazy things that I get into!!

J

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions